So we have started using vinegar for killing germs around the house and thought...if this salad seasoning power house can squash sammy & ella, what else could it squash? What about those pesky weeds that crop up between the bricks in our paver patio? I can spray those....
It worked! Those pesky greens went the way of the dinosaurs. Between the midday heat and the vinegar they had completely wilted and were easy to pull right from between the bricks. I shouldn't get too proud of myself...a quick google search soon taught me that this trick has been around awhile...and not my one brilliant moment (which I trust is coming). Although I hope that when that moment comes it is more amazing an obscure use for vinegar.
Good thing I didn't go with the urge to use it in my lawn...the results could be devastating (bye bye lush lawn!).
I recently cleaned out and reorganized our shed and found some old Roundup we had bought years ago. Since it is next to impossible to dispose of I figured I may as well try to use it up on some of the weeds in the front of our house. A week later the weeds are still alive and looking like they are making a come back (albeit with some wilty leaves). Score 1 for vinegar, and environmentally damaging chemicals... you still suck.
ReplyDelete